Industry 4.0 is a skill of automated industries to integrate new technological tools to improve work and increase productivity and quality of production facilities. Industry 4.0 is based on cyber-based systems (CPSs), ie physical systems that Are directly linked to computer systems that can interact with other CPSs.
The concept of Smart Factory is the base of Industry 4.0 and consists of 3 parts:
- Smart production: new production technologies that allow the operator to cooperate with machines and tools.
- Smart services: all the “IT infrastructures” and techniques that integrate systems; But also all the structures that allow companies to integrate with each other and with external structures.
- Smart energy: all this taking into account energy consumption, creating more powerful systems and reducing energy expenditure.
For the development of Industry 4.0 there is the need to use the following enabling technologies:
- Advanced manufacturing solution: advanced handling and robotics handling systems that are interconnected and modular allowing flexibility and
- Additive manufacturing: are additional production systems that increase the efficiency of materials use.
- Augmented reality: are reality-enhanced vision systems to better judge operators in day-to-day activities.
- Simulation: Simulation between interconnected machines to optimize processes.
- Horizontal and vertical integration: integration and exchange of information horizontally and vertically, among all the actors of the production process.
- Industrial internet: communication between elements of production, not only within the company, but also outside by using the internet.
- Cloud: Cloud Implementation, such as online information storage, cloud computing, and external data analysis services, and the management of vast amounts of data with open systems.
- Cyber-security: Increased internal and external interconnections open the door to all information and system security issues that need not be altered from the outside.
- Big Data Analytics: They are high data management techniques using open systems that allow you to make predictions.